Hidden Eyes [Unbonded RP]

Take your Serians here to chat or just roam their homeland.
The sun glitters above vast fields ringed by verdant forests to the north, mountains to the south and east, and wide rivers to the west.

Moderator: Tigress

[Unknown]
Regular
Regular

Re: Hidden Eyes [Unbonded RP]

Post by [Unknown] »

Night had finally encompassed the Fields as the heart of the fog reached and then seeped past the two figures. As it moved, a small section seemed to thin, revealing the Serian they had glimpsed earlier. It stood close enough to them that they could start to make out more of its appearance, though it was still deeply shrouded in the dense white fog. Its mane was a dark, shadowy mass that seemed incredibly deep in color yet fine enough to float in a mass around the Serian's head. Its bright eyes were looking straight at them, meticulously taking in every gesture and sound they made.

In contrast to its striking appearance its mouth quirked in a half-smile as it turned its full attention on the pair and accepted their greetings.

Thank you for your welcome. I was unsure how well my presence would be received by the Bonded, but it seems I was being overly cautious. The night fog was here regardless, but I must admit I have been... influencing its path.

One of its ears flicked to the side, followed by a glance that quickly returned to the pair. As it continued speaking, its body shifted slightly and the area with the thinned fog seemed to grow slightly, subtly making room for whatever caught its attention without diverting its focus. It studied the two for a moment and then spoke again.

I'm afraid I haven't had the opportunity to visit until now, despite how frequently I seem to travel nearby. I hadn't planned on it tonight, actually, but I see that Prophet has finally left his roost for a bit so I couldn't resist.

A small mischievous grin escaped as it spoke that last part, reveling in Prophet's absence. It paused, waiting to see how the others responded. Despite its friendly demeanor it was still cloaked in fog, one step from vanishing and one step from being fully revealed.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Fog thickened and solidified around them. They continued regarding the figure as it approached and the mists rose up to drape around it like a shawl, thicker around it than anywhere else. Vin was able to make out the shape of a face, a billowing mass of mane, and what was either a wing tip or a spike of some sort.

It was easy to remember a day when such study as they now received would have made her nervous. Currently the girl was glad of the chance to do her own inspection in return. Her grin did not take long to surface. Has it been a good visit thus far? You found a nice shelter. A nod in the direction the willow had been. So visits here are no good when Prophet is on duty, eh? Hmm. I know only slightest details of the rules of Bondeds and Unbondeds. Unfortunately. She'd only ever heard enough to give an idea of how little she knew. The hope that he would elaborate stayed unspoken for now. She sensed readiness to vanish in an instant. For what it is worth, I am glad you have come.

Green hooves shifted unseen under the white covering the ground. I do not think there are many near who would call you unwelcome. Sham's attentions were also tugged briefly by the sounds of others, coming to them in a manner that indicated they were rather close. The noises seemed like they should perhaps be loud, but as they reached his ears they were already dying as though cut short. In fact I believe we have more of a welcoming committee approaching. Now a shared a grin as well.

Do you mind if I call to them? That voice sounded like a good one, familiar. Sounds came from nearby, she was sure they would be reached soon. This serian was friendly enough to approach Vin and Sham and was not hiding completely in the fog, but she did wish to show respect.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Night fell; the fog thickened. Web felt wariness curl and settle over her like the tendrils of vapor. Could be nothing—generally, the Fields were safe. But she’d been so long in Sethe’s lands, on Sethe’s will. Her instincts were ever watchful, now. And with NightTears, more the need. The stallion was strong as any, perhaps—but his real power left him open, and she was good as blind in the dense cover.

But she had heard something, before the air had deadened so. A voice that sounded familiar, if just by the echoes that had run through Avalir’s link. Through—Chaos. She would chance it.

“Mistress Tigress?” she called, loud as she dared. If NightTears thought anything of her impulse, he didn’t show it; she took it as approval. “It is Web—I don’t know if you remember me, but we’re blind as well. Can you follow my voice?”

Quietly, in the wait for a reply, she murmured, “Is that who you sensed?”

A beat; NightTears' eyes had gone slightly unfocused, silver-lit by the fog. “Partly. There are others. Less—here.”

Vague, as always. She laughed a bit, despite herself. “You sure know how to make a mare feel at ease, kannagi-san.”

“It is my little-known gift,” was the offhand reply. His brow furrowed, slightly. “There seems to be no—malice, past the fog. Prophet is away.”

Web’s ear twitched. “Oh?”

“We await invitation.” And his eyes darkened once more, and he was here, grounded, at her side at last. He fluttered his wings, slightly, shedding the dew that had begun to gather in his stillness. “Should it be desired.”

She could ask, but she felt he’d told her all he would. He was cautious with his Sight, with what it could be—were he a different sort, less caring…but no. All under her Bond knew the bounds of secrets, the delicate courtesy they demand. They’d wait, and perhaps the shroud would lift—in its own time.
Last edited by Silverdust on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

A single ear twitched when her call out was returned. She knew that voice well, Chaos had been in company of the mare fairly often and as such they'd met numerous times in the past.

"Web! I think you're quite near, give me just a minute..." She glanced at Silk but the mare was a stone sentinel, looking only at the direction around her and not at her bonded for the moment. Tigress began to move forward, Silk falling effortlessly in sync with her movements and maintaining her position of being slightly in the lead.

Although she'd expected some kind of question, she was relieved that Silk trusted her judgment. The fog couldn't hide the perfect obsidian that was Web's coat, and it was easy to spot where she was standing as they drew closer. She had thought she'd heard two voices, but NightTears' form was obscured for a few moments longer. She pulled up a bit short in surprise before venturing closer into a pocket where she could see them both clearly.

"Ah, hello! I'm not sure we've met before. I'm Tigress, and this is one of my bonded, Silk." She knew Web hadn't been around since Silk showed up so the introduction was for them both, really. She took a moment to smile at the webbed mare, however. It was nice to see a familiar face. Silk dipped her head politely at both, though her eyes never left them.

"It's been a while." There was only the slightest tinge of something in the feline's voice, something soft and uncertain. She wasn't sure what was going on, but she did know that Chaos hadn't been the easiest to pin down recently and combined with Web's distance she wanted to be tactful. It wasn't her business, but she was a bleeding heart at best and didn't like to see any of the Serians unhappy; whether they were bonded to her or not.

When they paused the conversation she could hear the murmur of other voices nearby, should they go investigate? She didn't want to startle anyone or intrude, and she also didn't want to be caught off guard. There was still an eerie chill in the air, and Silk's alert posture meant she felt it too.

[Unknown]
Regular
Regular

Post by [Unknown] »

The figure paused at the girl's response, then chuckled when she admitted to her ignorance.

I see the Bonded get out about as much as the Unbonded. Or should I say as little? Prophet doesn't discourage most visitors but he does have a long history and a deep memory. I doubt he has forgotten how fundamentally we differ in our methods and morality. I believe he thinks he is protecting you by keeping me away,
but as you can see I am relatively harmless.

It took a moment to close its eyes in apparent consideration then decisively raised its head as a sudden breath of air stirred the fog into gently chaotic patterns.

As a gesture of good faith, I will introduce myself. And it would be rude of me to not include everyone.

It gave a playful toss of its head as the wind suddenly stopped. The eerie silence seemed to loom as the stillness from earlier returned, but only for a few heartbeats. A sudden short burst of intense pressure rushed down from above, clearing the fog in an instant and revealing the figure in the moonlight as a mare with piercing silver eyes. Her midnight mane and tail were a formless cloud, blurring at the edges almost like several layers of a darkly transparent veil.

The mare was not the only Serian revealed. Several others were close, closer than their muffled conversations had made them seem. She turned to address them all, then bowed her head in a friendly greeting.

My apologies for waiting so long, I'm afraid I've gotten a bit too wary over the years. Please allow me to start again. I have been given many names, but to most I am known as Cipher. I am a traveler with roots in all places and a home in none. I can be found in an instant but have been lost for years. I came here in hopes that I could forge ties with the Bonded so that I may learn about them, to allow my people to better understand all Serians equally.

Something flashed in her eyes, a brief moment of cold calculation as she spoke of her purpose, replaced almost instantly with a friendly warmth tinged with anticipation.

-
OOC: I just realized that some browsers are showing the image colors a bit washed out... it's not too different, but it seems to be Chrome and Opera that are not behaving. I wonder if it's like that for all the Serians?
-

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Vineda smiled and let her thoughts linger on the soft riddles the figure spoke. The chuckle made her wonder if she was being perhaps laughed at a bit, but she decided she did not mind. It did not seem malicious, but rather made her want to laugh just a bit as well. Shamrock watched with careful eyes, drinking in detail and wondering his own reflections. Relatively harmless...

Most of the Serians she had been lucky to meet could be plenty harmful if they wished in some way or another, and only some of those beings looked it from the start. Methods and morality... Her musings and questions were put on hold as the mists swirled and caught in what little dusky light remained, and the freezing of self and everything around her. The bond allowed her to feel Sham next to her though she could not look.

Their release came with the dramatic burst of moonlight through the disappeared fog, and the appearance of a strikingly beautiful mare. One of the Altar she had just recently come to be aware of. And others. Vineda was glad that they could see one another, rather than trying to find each other through the distorting maze of fog. She recognized the feline form of Tigress, though not the purple and yellow of her Serian companion. She raised a hand as though to wave, though let it drop after a few moments of hovering. It had been some time. Two other Serian forms unknown to her - vibrant blue and shadowed - also in the near distance.

It shall be a night of many meetings, I believe. A grin lit Vin's features, hoping that would be true. Their stance changed as one, both pivoting a bit so that they welcomed this lovely Cipher as well as those they had not been able to identify before behind the veils of fog. She dipped a quick bob, and he an extended foreleg and dipped nose of his own simplified bow. I am so pleased to make your acquaintance. I am called Vineda - she left an opening, if he wanted it. And I am Shamrock. Both hoped to learn of the others who had approached, if they were willing. Greetings!

More riddles. Utterly delightful! But... I wonder. Are you come as an emissary, or more of a hidden researcher? Vin was curious if those Cipher sought knowledge for, aside from herself, had known of or encouraged this wish for understanding and forged ties. Cipher certainly seemed eager one way or another.

-
OOC: I just realized that some browsers are showing the image colors a bit washed out... it's not too different, but it seems to be Chrome and Opera that are not behaving. I wonder if it's like that for all the Serians?
I have not noticed a huge difference between the few browsers I've used on computers and on Safari/Chrome on my phone, for what it is worth. I notice the most difference in detail I think, due to size. To be expected I suppose.
-