Wandering Hearts (Gypsy and Tribe)

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Wandering Hearts (Gypsy and Tribe)

Post by Songhue »

He barely got the word circle out before she jolted, looking almost as if someone had kicked her. The truth was that it took a rather disgraceful amount of effort for her not to leap forward and smother the rest of his words with kisses and mindless babble, although Tribe wasn't entirely certain which was more mortifying; having him think she was truly startled and even possibly affronted, or admitting to her foalish over-exuberance.

Too soon, you say, she murmured, and knew she looked upon him with the starry-eyed gaze of a much younger version of herself. Such travels as you've had, surely you're more than familiar with the famous, whirlwind romance? Every tribe, all kinds of creatures, have such a tale; some are tragic, you know, but there are those that are heartwarming, sugar. I rather think we might be the latter. You may worry on rather such is appropriate, but I can only say 'Yes'. Yes, yes, a thousand times yes, and yes again, for with you I feel I have found the home that I need never leave behind me.

She smiled, moved into him, and for all the snuggly kisses she granted him seemed she truly did mean to crawl in his skin, to drown herself in the very essence that was this wandering sunset magpie.

It's an official thing, a circle, she noted, without any kind of hesitation to her voice; nay, she merely sounded thoughtful. Who might they join? Surely a brand new binding of just the two of them would be a bit excessive... And yet, much to her own heartache, Tribe could think of none she was so close to. Once she had thought to join her bondmates within the Cherished Dreams - indeed, the wish had been so dear to her that she had attempted to choose a mate on this factor alone. That, obviously, had not quite worked out, although there had been some promise to the concept that never was fulfilled. It seemed she needed to be woo'd the same as she traveled; a whirlwind of excitement, an ocean of sensation, and soul-altering emotion, all of it nestled beneath the turning of the sun. Of course, she had to know where to look to find all of it; the secret corners, the hidden depths, those places that were so easily overlooked. It was why she loved to travel so very far as she did - the best places were the hardest to get to.

So it seemed it had been with them, with him. Young and foolish as it may seem, for her it simply made sense. That was all she needed. It didn't have to make sense to anyone but them.

I'm more than happy to follow your lead with it, honeysuckle. Did you have any particular ideas on it all, my beloved sun-kissed mate, anyone you await joining us?

She was honestly curious, for in all the tales she had heard, all the songs he had collected or written that she had gathered to her heart with the covetous joy of the true devotee, Tribe had never heard of one who stood out as his most precious companion. But then, she herself was in a similar state. Once, it could be said that she and Sign had been the closest of friends, perhaps because of their differences rather than in spite of; but that had been long ago, and there had been many changes since then. Although they were still close, Tribe knew that their relationship was not as it once had been. It didn't bother her; the spirit of their love for one another was still thriving, even if changed. Should Sign ever have need for her, Tribe would be at her side; and when Tribe needed a quiet moment of peace, or found herself in need of guidance, she knew she could count on Sign even still. Change did not have to mean the death of a thing, after all.

But she no longer spent each moment at home beside her friend, as she once had, and their visits were getting farther in between, their conversations more impulsive.

We're going to need rules, however it is we come together, she murmured, and smiled to herself as she realized she had been playing with the large stallion's forelock; she didn't think she would ever get enough of touching him. Even better, she could now do so freely, upon a whim. Surely this was true bliss. When we wander there's dangers, as you said; if we get lost to one another, we need a place where we can go to wait, where we'll always meet back up. Another to leave a message; I know a wonderful little island with the sweetest birds you ever did meet, sugarfluff, that will tell you everything they last heard, and the fruit there has a wonderful trick to it. The right ones can give the energy to send us racing off - but of course some others bring on a sleep that lasts for days on end, my sweet-love, and that could be good to bring along. Maybe that would be their first journey together; showing him this place, the island they would leave their messages on, if they ever needed to get hold of one another.

Of course, if she had her wish, they wouldn't ever part ways to need it...

The most important rule, though, is that you are mine, she added, and nipped at his shoulder rather sharply. I waited too long to find you - and when I finally did, you tricky beast, you didn't even admit who it was you were!

Ah, there it was - the snippet she had promised with a glare, the reference to the mild deception of hiding his identity while knowing full well not only who she was, but her full reputation (and more than a few of her tales, it seemed).

And now that I do, and now that I have you, you. Are. Mine. And I am yours, she added brightly, and beamed at him in such a way that she may as well have been wagging her tail, the momentary scolding instantly dismissed. And it will take no small amount of convincing to change that, she decreed, and snuggled back into her favorite spot, tucked up tight against his chest.

Don't ever leave again, she thought, the warmth and peace and simple rightness of hearing his heart and feeling his breath acting as a stark contrast to the desolation of the previous night. She shivered at the memory - and still, it would be a few days before she managed to fully recover from such a night as that, even with such joy as he had just granted her - before tucking the worry neatly back under the lake in her mind. She couldn't say such a thing, of course, but perhaps if she knew he would always find her again; the places to meet, the birds to speak for them, the small signs of hope that he was never truly gone from her, perhaps that would be enough.

The worry was placed on hold for the moment, the memory and fear hidden away, but it had done some damage even still. Her mind had come to a complete stop; all excited chatter about rules and plans had been wiped clean, leaving only the moment.

At the moment, she was hungry. Famished. Starving.

Food, she murmured, and smiled as she realized she was talking into his chest - a back to hold the world, so broad and strong as it was, and a solid chest to be the home she had needed. Whatever the case, my love, let's start with that long-overdue meal. Then maybe we can finally make our way up into the grass, to see what hides beyond the hills. The rest - the rest will come.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Always that shifting of faces with her, harboring multiple facets and hidden thoughts. He hoped that would lessen in time and that she would share more openly with him eventually. There was certainly very little doubt that it would not lessen her mystique even the tiniest bit. As she spoke, he relaxed a stance he’d not realized he had been holding in wait since finishing the thought.

There was a wash of joy over him as she seemed to take to the idea and accept it, but there was also a tidge of disbelief. Not doubt. No, this was simply beyond what he’d been able to hope for in his wildest dreams. I’d say this has been the beginnings of just such a whirlwind, m’dear. It warms me to my very core to hear you say that. We are home together. He snuggled back, joying in the rightness and now the relief that they had an understanding. Now the doubt could be left behind and the cherishing could stretch forward into untold adventures.

And leave it to his dusky love to get down to the business of it. In all honesty I hadn’t thought on it, not seriously. Those of my bond-clan have but one major Circle, that of the Suns Shadow. Twas begun by four, Fancy and Sunray as well as Treasure and Avalanche. He’d not discussed it much with the others at home aside from polite conversation. As far as he knew there were no specific plans for it. I would be happy to inquire if they would have room there, m’love. I think you would like them all very much... a good bunch, the lot of ‘em. He could just see Treasure taking to them in her own lighthearted way. They’re not out and out travelers, but they do move a bit. Who knows, we might find some interest in a few journeys here and there. Have you ever met any of them?

He ran through his memory of Circles, but could not come up with any he knew of that could use more wanderers. Both Hurricane and Nimbus still had ties to Circles... but as far as he knew they were pretty quiet these days, and also partially full to begin with. That did not seem a good option to start. Another idea is starting a new Circle... It seems a bit of a lonely start, but here I am rambling and I never asked if you had any you wanted to join? Gypsy tickled her cheek and threw her a gentle wink as he tossed his forelock. He felt he could follow this dazzling mare anywhere, but somehow this decision seemed quite important. It was something he wanted to get right for her, something he wanted her to be happy with on this road he hoped would be long and winding.

Putting that thought on hold for the moment, he smiled at her clearly fond memory of this island and the birds there. I should very much like to see it, this island of yourn. Consider it our first mission, to visit and commit it to my memory. From there he let her continue, listening to her rule with a blissful floatiness. It was one thing he doubted he should ever tire of hearing. Gypsy’s head bowed low to her breast, and he reaffirmed I am yours. Yours, always and forever my darling.

There it was! Blissful adoration and commitment was outshone on his expression momentarily by a pointedly sheepish look. This was one he was never going to live down, that much he could tell right off the bat. I am sorry, milady. I let my cowardice govern my actions, and hid my name lest a beautiful enchantress from the waters think too little of me. I shall not try that again anytime soon. Golden orbs studied her openly as that lilac gaze turned inward and a hint of tension and other worries crept into the air between them. Sometime soon you shall have to tell me where you go, when you get such looks of concentration and worry on your face. He did not demand to know all, but he sensed it was something she would need to explain just a bit about. It was some part of her, something again important. There was no shoving, just a sweet caress and a gentle breath on her cheek.

Sometime. Now, you are right. We are long overdue for food. These packets may end up being simply a snack to tide us over after such a long fast. He retrieved the long forgotten packet, discarding the wilted leaf. After food, perhaps you can show me how your water trinket works and we might drink a bit more before setting off. Then you can tell me of your preference for Circle plans. The ground at their hooves may as well have been paved in glittering gold, for it seemed wonder and gladness would be wherever she went. He would be there, not following. Walking by her side. Or swimming. Or stumbling. Or running, or sailing, or dodging or snoozing...

edit: fixed coloration for spoken words
Last edited by Vineda on Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

He was so clever, to have possibilities ready for them; more than dreaming now, they could honestly make this real. It was thrilling, if slightly terrifying, but any such monumental shifting within one's life would be terrifying - just imagine the frightening joy of becoming a mother!

I've not had the pleasure to walk with them, she answered, striving to keep her shoulder brushing against his even as she eagerly tore into the treats he had found them. It would be lovely if we might get a chance to talk with them over the possibility, sugarfluff; I don't know of any such options, myself, that have room and would suit the pair of us. The notion of joining with the gentle-souled group of the Phoenix Gate, for instance, would soon begin to feel somewhat claustrophobic - the most adventurous of that lot was Caelum, and he didn't go on adventures. He flew plenty, without a doubt, but all of his honest adventuring happened with his son, Coal. The Shining Sea was another option that was simply not an option. Eternal may be a lovely mare, but Caustic was another story; how that one had found a mate was beyond her reckoning, although by all accounts the lady Lock was due to join him as exactly that.

And, gracious, had she honestly managed to scarf through her share of their snack in as little time as it took her to contemplate meeting these four who they might join? The name Treasure certainly intrigued her, as she did love her trinkets - such as the nice water sack he was asking to have filled. She knew of Fancy, though they'd never had a chance to meet. a rare beauty, by all accounts, and one would expect no less with such a name. The others were a mystery, and oh how she loved a good mystery!

A fresh bit of water does sound lovely, she conceded, licking her lips as she swallowed the very last morsel. She was excited, nervous, and a little bit jittery; time to be moving again, by all means. Come, my sweet love, let me show you.

She stepped back to the water, finding the nearest flat-topped stone she could, and with a sly grin dipped the bag into the ocean. With care, she put the shimmering base of the sack on the stone, the pressure from the water locking the base into shape as she tugged at the top string and pulled the filtering net towards the mouth. A small pile of salt sat atop it, which she tossed back to the ocean before grabbing hold of the sack beneath the net that was now hanging inside out and giving it a dunk in the water as it billowed around her. With the worst of the clinging salt knocked loose by the rush of the tide, she set the bag back down and loosened the drawstring, lowering the net for another strain.

Care to try? she asked, stepping aside to give him room if he was so inclined. It was perhaps a bit of work to strain, rinse and repeat, especially with the need to refill the bag periodically as the removal of all the salt also lowered the water level; but for all that it was work, it was also an effective way of making fresh water. And besides, the gems on her bag really did glitter so nicely in the sun; it was pretty enough that she just couldn't look at such a trinket and think of tedium.

But once they had their needed supply she had to wonder what would follow. They had options, now - and as such it was exciting and stomach-churning at the same time! Would they meet with Treasure and Fancy, ask about joining their numbers alongside Avalanche and Sunray? Would they head further inland to discover what lay beyond the hills? Or would they indeed detour towards the familiar island of copycat-birds? But perhaps that particular journey might be best to wait on until after the others could join them; if she and Gypsy were to be gone for a good while and needed to leave word that they were still well, then the rest of their Circle should know how to get ahold of such a message, surely.

Their Circle. Oh, such a lovely phrase, that was. It was of course possible to start at the very beginning, with none other but themselves, and yet... And yet. It wouldn't feel right, as if it were a true Circle, until she had others join them. If these four would have her, these who would wander a bit if not to the level of her beloved, then it would gladden her heart to join them.

But first they needed water. Then they could figure out what would follow. And whatever it was, she would take her next step on her never-ending journey beside the most wonderful of stallions.

The realization chased a bit more shadow out of her heart, brought her up from the depths of darkness and towards the shimmering sunlight that danced in the water. She had felt as if she were drowning before; now she had someone to bring her ashore.

If she were but dreaming, then it was her most sincere hope that she never wake, for each time he spoke she blushed in joy at his compliments. To wake from such bliss would surely kill her; let this be more than any mere dream.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

He let them eat in peace, glad they were both finally taking in a bit of nourishment. Gypsy chuckled a bit at her noncommittal approach to this, glad she was considering options. We shall see about that... Hopefully soon. It could have been himself he were speaking to, he said it so quietly. He was busy debating the fit there. They would be welcomed warmly, and no doubt there. Always, he had had utmost respect for the four of his bond mates who had set out to create a new Circle. Avalanche was a kind jester, quite mellow... though a force to be reckoned with if he got a burr in his tail. Treasure was a perfect counterpart for him with her gentle playfulness and her love of all things mystical, mysterious, or glittery. The two were known to roam on occasion. Fancy had been the one to help him settle in when he first reBonded and came to the lands of Pendar. She’d become a bit of a recluse after a while, and it was said that only Sunray was able to bring her out of her shadows. Gypsy thought back a bit sheepishly to the time. He’d never tried, never sought her out. And that was rather shameful. He gave a tug until he sensed his Bonded’s connection flare. Feeling that question hanging between their consciousness, the sunset stallion ran through a quick mental update and a request. The satisfied grin of joy he felt in return nearly knocked him over. It would be done.

Her voice brought him out of his musings, melodic and soothing in his opinion. It was always moreso when she spoke of water. Something he had just now noticed but could confirm when thinking back to past instances. She sure was one from the Seas. He followed her just off the shoulder, bumping his own front half against her side and resisting the urge to nuzzle that nape of her neck where the tiny strands that began her mane curled a bit. Tribe made it look easy, but when he took a turn and tried it, he nearly dropped the strings which he assumed would have allowed the whole bag to topple and spill its contents over the side. He also unintentionally flung a fair bit of salt in a rather dangerous way. In the end, he relinquished the task and vowed he must try some further practice another time. He stood on the rock with his beautiful love and drank in the sea air as he never quite had before.

A glint caught his eye, and when he looked closer to see what had drawn the attention he was a figure getting slowly bigger on the horizon. That figure seemed to draw the sunlight all to itself and send it away again, making an almost-halo around him. Gypsy had to use his desert sun-glare tuned eyes to make out white wings folded against this creature’s hide. There was only one he knew of who had that particular effect though. The first of the Circle had arrived. He leaned closer to his twilight half, returning to the end of the rock with her and blocking her view of the new Serian’s approach. Let surprise be a big surprise. You have acquired quite the dexterity with this contraption, I must say. I shall have to work hard at getting better.. A quick nuzzle emphasized his appreciation and with that he grinned and ducked a muzzle into the bag for a quick sip. He waited to see if he would get a scolding for such a thing, or if he would have to come up with other games.

It was not too much longer before a voice hailed them from back where the grasses began, and he turned to see who had arrived now. Bright green stood out above the darker shade of the grass, and the stark white and blue stallion grinning beside Treasure let out a high whistle. Both figures started his way, and Sunray’s brightness was much nearer. My dear, the company’s arrived! Golden eyes crinkled around the sides as he let out a whoop of his own and scanned the area. Sure enough, a dark figure loomed against the shadows of one of the distant caves. Fancy began her own meandering in their direction. He could have sworn he made out a wink of those silvery orbs before he turned to gauge his love’s reaction.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Tribe nipped at his forelock as he stole an early sip, though the motion was more playful than sharp. The whole point was to drink the filtered water, after all, though impish little sneakies like that simply called for something.

She debated about teasing him, when he claimed he would have to practice at mastering the finer points of her bejeweled filter bag; rather or not he ever got the knack for such a thing honestly didn't make much of a difference to her. It could easily be her task to perform, and no grudge held; but the question became rather or not he would recognize the gentle tease? She didn't want him to honestly wonder if he had to meet certain contributing expectations, as she couldn't do all of it - completely unfounded as a concept, as there were bound to be aspects that he excelled at and she relied upon him for.

Best to play it safe; nothing was worth the risk of shadowing his handsome face with hurt or worry.

Never you mind the finicky little trinket, she told him, gently smoothing the forelock she had mussed with her nipping. You're welcome to it, beloved Magpie, but I've no such expectations of you.

Just your love, she thought, the sappy-joy glowing through her face as she glanced at him, and the companionship it holds.

Simple enough, as far as expectations went, and yet there was so much weight to it all the same. That he might tolerate, even enjoy, someone who would need as much as she did; well, it was just as well of her to offer all that she had in return.

The company's arrived, he told her, right as she lifted her head with a freshly filled bag, the drawstring pinching closed over such bounty that a little bit of water hovered just above the seal to flirt with the lip. It was plenty large enough for the two of them to drink deeply and leave extra; for six of them to share it may require a little more restraint, but each could take enough to quench their throat before the bag emptied again.

They came from different areas, one flashing in the early sunlight, another slipping nearly invisible through shadows. Two others from the grasses, and only when she saw them did she realize she had detected a faint call - easy to mistake it for a trick of the seabreeze.

For an instant, Tribe felt uncharacteristically shy. This was somehow different than stumbling over a colony of griffins. Of course, if she insulted a griffin the worst that could happen was that she ended up their lunch. If she didn't make the right impression with these, the bondmates of her beloved, a much worse fate could befall her. Not only would the hope of joining them be blown to pieces, she could cause trouble for her beloved, could even bring him to grow irritated with her.

Well, then, she told herself, slipping the carry-string around her neck with the ease of long-practice, what will be, will be.

If they didn't care for her, it wasn't the sort of fit that they would need; for Gypsy himself was just as restless and outgoing. And if they came from him as a possibility, the chances that all would go well were considerably increased. And if somehow she did misstep, or even cause such problems as to irritate her mate, they would come out the other side of their trouble together. Tribe honestly believed he wouldn't simply walk away as easily as that; not if he was willing to stick by her after witnessing one of her 'episodes.'

May as well act as if this was a colony of griffins, then. It would be easier to set aside the niggling little uncertainties that way, easier if she pretended there wasn't anything different to this meeting than any of the numerous interactions she often managed to find.

After all, Tribe was the farthest possible thing from antisocial that one could find.

Well met! she called brightly, swinging her neck over Gypsy's back to see everyone better. Her ears were perked merrily, and there was a curious glint to her eye; if nothing else, here was an opportunity to meet some of her sweet Gypsy's friends! It was honestly exciting, once you managed to get beyond the knot of uncertainties.

I'm Tribe, though my bondmates call me their wandering Gypsy, she grinned, half-laughing at the ironic coincidence of telling the friends of the Gypsy that she shared his name. We were just figuring out rather we should head up the grasses here or wander over to an island I know of. Would y'all care to walk with us a little, or even have a particular preference on where we might be headed?

A tilt of the head, a flick of the tail, a smile on her face as she rested her chin on Gypsy's shoulder and puffed at a bit of his thick mane. Never ignoring him, even though she was speaking to his friends; though she had too much of a gentle nature to dote too heavily, careful to leave him room to maneuver or move away if he needed.

Making new friends and finding a new route to travel, all with a steady companion she was wholly devoted to, surrounded by those she would share this bond with, Tribe felt herself thriving in a way she'd not known for so long it had all but been forgotten. There was no questioning that she was in her element, as comfortable as it was possible for any creature to be, and her joy was infectious. Even the most rooted of her own bondmates perked up and pranced beside her for a stretch, when she came to them like this. Never long enough, never constant, but when she was at her finest she could always find someone to walk with, for a time.

Tribe was meant to have connections, made to have those who were "her people," and in these moments it became as clear as dawn over the horizon.

It was what made long, empty nights so very hard on her. But no more of that. Now, the wandering gypsy had found her true Gypsy mate; and with luck, they had started down the trail of joining with their "people," their Circle, their own tribe.

Could the morning get any better than this? Time would tell; it was the great revealer of mystery, the friend of truth as it whittled away lies and false hopes. With enough time, anything could be learned. And in time, she would know of her fate, for good or ill; until then, there was nothing to do but keep walking. As she always had. As she always would.

This time, however, she wouldn't be alone.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Those little touches and nips, teasing and goading and oh so loving. He drank them in, throwing in small nudges and brushes of his own. There was a bit of a niggling that such would be their regular dance. The steps would alter and change tempo but he’d be willing to bet it would always be there. Gypsy could hope so, anyhow. And certainly encourage, do plenty of it himself. Oh, fiddling trinket it may be, but I’ll not stand for the likes of it presuming to get the best of me yet. Should the need for it arise, I should like to not bumble with it is all. As he winked, he felt the tug in the muscles of his face, realized it was from smiling so much. His nose buried quickly into her tresses and breathed her in before she stepped forward to meet their potential new Circle mates.

His smile could only grow as his Tribe seemed to take the sudden company all in stride. He hoped there was no mask there, no effort to switch to a social mode. Twould perhaps have been wise of him to warn her of their possible arrival. It may have been that part of him simply hadn’t wanted to move on from their little bubble, a small reluctance to share that was replaced by gladness when he laid eyes on familiar friends. There would be plenty of time with his love all to himself... wonder of wonders.

There had been a day when Fancy had been the spokesmare, one to initiate and take the lead in conversations. Nowadays she tended to be comfortable with the naturally more... er... energetic Treasure stepping into that role. The two had become fast friends after her brush with the light of the Eternal Sun stallion she’d found herself mated to. Good day, Gypsies! Treasure answered with a grin, not missing a beat. I’m game for a walk! An island, you say? Might be fun to drag the rest along and see where the path takes us, eh? Oh and I’m Treasure, this fiiiine chillyhoofed sir is my Avalanche, dubbed Avvie by most. Fancy there and her Sunray probably intended to give you a nice solemn introduction but there you have it already and no fuss about it. Good to see you, Gypsy, you always stay away too long. Each Serian in turn nodded their acknowledgement in their own fashion as she’d named them. Gypsy could only shake his head as Treasure’s face lit up with a grin that somehow wrinkled her nose just a tiny bit. In a cute way, almost foal like. His love would surely enjoy this meeting.

Avvie stepped forward with a gentle smile that one could tell he wore when introductions were happening. She’ll have less bounce once we get on our way to wherever we go. Probably. Maybe. A pleasure to meet any new companion of Gyp’s here. Have you two had good travels? A glance and nod at the beach showed his approval at the rendezvous point. Your request for company could not have come at a better time, truly. There’s been not a flick of snow this past week, has made for quite dull slope gliding -

A bit of a guffaw escaped Sunray, and at the few glances it earned him, he had to add his two cents. Avvie, I can bet that these two will want to hear all about that game of yours, maybe later? Turning to Tribe he cautioned, I gotta warn you right off, he does love his darn cold wet snow and if you give him an inch you will be a mile deep in the stuff before you even know what happened. At a huff from Avvie, he defended his interruption. Just sayin’, this one’s a new gal to us and we all know you love to recruit.

It was simply a polite inquiry into how their travels have gone and a simple bit on how mine have been, so to speak. Now if you would have the decency to shut your -

It’s a pleasure to meet you, my dear interrupted a rather louder, sterner voice than Gypsy was used to hearing from Fancy these days. She turned to all welcoming charm, letting genuine gladness show through now that the boys had hushed. Excuse their playful banter, that’s all it really is. An island certainly sounds exotic, though grasses are rather accessible from here. Where would you have us follow you, then? For you are the wanderers and we shall join you for a time. It’s so nice to have gotten out again, met you here. Silver again trained on Gypsy as she met his gaze, studied him for the space of a moment.

Gypsy grinned his approval and gladness to find his bondkin just as welcoming has he’d remembered. His side once again bumped hers, that constant reassurance of that contact quickly becoming a habit. What say you, my love? Inland or island?
Last edited by Vineda on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.