Finally meeting..

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Keira
Elder
Elder

Re: Finally meeting..

Post by Keira »

Sighing contentedly Pixie let Darroch lead him on, gratefull that Path seemed to accept him, even if it was just a chance. As Path left sight Darroch adressed being called father and for a moment Pixie flinched, but as he thought about it he started chuckling "My bonded says the same thing. Says that family is all about who is in your heart and that your heart can hold unlimited love, therefore you can never love to much or to many and its your heart that makes the decision who your family, not your blood." As he finished his voice was hesitant "Darroch I promise I never had any intention of leaving you alone so long, and I'm going spend every minute I possibly can showing you and your mother how much I want to be your family. I'm so sorry for everything that has happend."

It wasnt much, but it was all he could offer. He knew he needed to let Path know how sorry he was, but he didn't want her to think he was just offering up empty excuses and that he believed sorry would fix everything. When she had some time to deal with her feelings and the could sit down and talk about things in private, he would tell her how sorry he was, then spend every private moment from then on showing her how much he adored her.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

It was new, being treated this way. Nobody had ever had such a serious conversation with him before - at least not one that centered on him. It was simply more proof; he truly was all grown up.

Then again, maybe the same promise, the same tone, would have been used if he had still been young.

For the moment - right now, which was all he ever dealt in - his father was offering him a future.

This should be clear, to be fair. You can not make up for the time that was lost. You did your best to make what you saw as the right decision, and I am sure none would argue that aiding the land is a noble thing to sacrifice for, so don't get me wrong. But no matter what we have from here on out, it will not be the same as it would have been had you been by my side from the start. It just is not possible.

He sounded sad as he said it. Part of him wished it could be otherwise. He wanted to see him in that awe-inspiring light of Poppa that many young ones knew, the same light he had seen his mother in. You learned more about them as you grew, of course, but there was always that closeness of having seen them as Momma at one point.

He was too old for that. He had lost that, with this stallion. But he had it with Hybrid, that all encompassing respect and admiration.

Because of this Hybrid would always be his best friend, more than Pixie ever could be. It was a level of innocence that could never be recovered.

Even if we can never have that lost time or the way it would have enhanced what we are together... I would like to discover what we may have in place of it. I am willing to give you an opportunity to show me the sort of father you are while you are as of yet here... But I am more willing to show you the sort of son you have been deprived of.
Last edited by Songhue on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Pixie gave a faint smile. Darroch deffinatly had a good head on his shoulders and he wished he could take responsiblity for any of that and it saddened him that he couldn't, but even so he was imensly proud of the stallion he was becoming. "I expect nothing more. I dont expect things to be the same and I certainly dont expect this to be forgotten, all I'm asking is for the chance to move past it and have a relationship. I am very grateful that this other stepped in and was able to teach him, I owe him a great debt."

Stumbling slightly Pixie searched for signs of good food, not wanting to be rude but needing some nutrition.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Whenever he had trouble finding words, he always retreated back into what he knew - nature.

You must speak of Hybrid of that, for I am quite certain he would be interested in meeting you. I do hope I happen to be quite far away when that time comes, yet he would most certainly be interested in meeting my sire. To my own mind, there is nothing for us to move past. Nature does not begrudge the fires that burn her; she takes the moment as it is and starts anew, with nutrients from the ashes of the old. There is only ever now.

And now, his father was exhausted and more than likely hungry. There was vibrant grass all around, of course, but it was towards the forested foothills they had been walking and it was thus they entered while speaking. With only mild intelligence from his connection with the plants, Darroch quickly steered the brown stallion to a rather large cluster of fresh berry bushes. Juicy enough to help with thirst and numerous enough to help with his hunger.

More herbs and grass, even some trees with odd fruits to them grew scattered throughout Pixie's forest in this Circle Home. He would only need to poke around a little, when his strength began to return. That, however, would be a little ways off.

For the moment, while he stayed here and when he returned to his own realm, his circle-mates would help look after him. He knew for certain that Sparkle and Sign would have already heard of his return and begun to gather what they could to aid him in their own ways, and his mother - he wasn't sure when his mother would dare approach, but when she did it would be with such offerings as to show all that had remained in her heart while she waited for him.

There is only now; and now, you have returned.

Those berries sure did smell good... Alright. He'd take just a mouthful or two himself.

Maybe three.

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Thankful was really the only way to describe what Pixie was feeling now. He was grateful that Darroch had accepted him and he knew where he stood. Where matters stood with Path was a different matter but at least he knew where he stood with his son.

"Ahhh berries" he sighed contentedly and started munching away on the juicy bites.

After quite a while of contented munching Pixie felt like he would no longer collapse and stopped eating, he would need water and rest soon but for now the berries and revived him greatly. Unsure of what else to say he decided it would be better to stay to familliar territory.

"So tell me about your journey with nature, I know learning on my own was quite the experience."

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

It is quite possible that none had ever seen Darroch perk quite so drastically as he did when Pixie asked him to talk over his dealings with nature elementals.

Nature! Ah, she is everywhere. I swear that there are far too few who consider what nature truly involves. The mineral, the nutrients in the earth, when I first felt those the entire cosmos seemed to open up to twice their infinite size. The density in the air, the temperature and moisture, the strength of the sun all contribute to it. But nature herself, the critters and oh the plants especially. Father there is so much life under a single hoof, so many seeds in the earth, so much reactive bacteria in the ground itself to shift and change the landscape, weak points underneath that can be manipulated... I never seem to reach the end, no matter how deep I explore or how far my perceptions adjust to include a new angle of possibilities. There is always more.