Wandering Hearts (Gypsy and Tribe)

For Serian couples and more intimate RPing.
Willows surround a shaded vale, sheltering all within.
Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Wandering Hearts (Gypsy and Tribe)

Post by Vineda »

Well his heart swelled, to say the least. Now he'd finally experienced that he'd heard tell of from a story of the Grinch, whose heart had grown three sizes in mere moments. Her first assurance was a nuzzle in return, and oh the world itself stopped. It had the spark of connection in the touch, that sweetness. Took his breath back away and made him wish it never to cease. Something he couldn’t ignore or brush off, something he had to chase.

Her form sat up as his melted down to the sand next to her, just to share in the closeness. Enfolding her neck in his, letting her satin nose rest near that tingling shoulder as his own buried in her tresses. Listening to that sweet voice, just bathing in being near and the gladness that she was well. She had not laughed. Though he'd bet there would be chiding later.

Wait - Later? Who had guaranteed later? He reined in his vagrant mind.

Are you always so theatrical, then, lovely Sealilly? For I shall have to prepare myself for the heights of the peaks above clouds and the depths of oceans below craters.

Such a sigh he heaved. The debate still lay under the currents of thought, and now she brought it up to the top. A proper name you want, is it? I'll have you know I quite love the nickname from you. He finally released his wrap, let his neck fall from hers to lock eyes. Gold and lavender in a dance so wild and still. I shall treasure it. It is the only namesake anyone else has given me. All others... All others call my Gypsy. Somehow a weight lifted off those broad shoulders and a new slid into place. He had a reputation now, there was no going back.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Her brain stuttered to a stop with his admission, struggling to reconcile this gentle wanderer with her hero-worship of Gypsy. Tribe realized as her face fell blank that she had concocted a personality for the great traveler of her imagination; that she had never anticipated being more than a fawning nuisance for the likes of such as him.

Oh, he would be hearing about this later.

I don't always need to give a full performance, so you need not ready yourself as much as that, she finally said, giving him an odd look for a moment as the two realities crashed together in her head. Besides, such theatrics aren't very possible during a proper wander. Shall we see what hides within the little pools, my sweet Magpie, or would you rather find what yonder archway hides?

She smiled, her heart in her eyes, and felt a thrill of foalish glee at having found such affection from someone she'd only dreamed of before. The scarf had caught in her mane as she sat up, and with a minor effort she managed to reach around and securely lock it into place; it was a nice compliment to the vibrant purple highlights in her hair. It also gave her an excuse to wrap herself a bit more around this particular stallion.

She hadn't stood yet, hadn't pulled away in the slightest; if anything, she used the scarf as an excuse to press closer, her breath gently brushing across the tufts of his own mane. She was, perhaps, being far too intimate to be considered polite, and yet... And yet.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

He could almost chuckle at the myriad emotions crossing and overlapping her features. Almost. There was one fire that stayed in her eyes thhat told him that he was in a bit of hot water... He closed his eyes a moment at the formality in her tone going back to her wonderful storytelling.

I’m sorry. I was... very worried. Worried about her theatrics as she called them, when he took her too seriously. Worried about his stories outadventuring him perhaps. Worried her kindnesses and little affections were those generic kind she gave to everyone simply because she was that sweet. Worried she might shut those extras like theatrics in, rein up a bit on him. Please don’t get me wrong...I loved your theatrics. Aside from my heart attack, that is. I will do better next time! A dramatic bow of his head to her for emphasis. He hoped she understood some of what he meant. He was all over the place this day, criminy!

He watched as she fastened the scarf with care... drinking in the closeness, the mystery of it all, the tingles as his mane tickled from her breaths. It really did seem like she did the same. All those small brushes that might’ve been nothing but extra friendliness. Lingering glances from both sides. No deep conversations had yet passed, but somehow connection hid there, he could feel it. He banished his doubts. There was no telling if it would be pursued, but it were there. You know I’m quite taken with you. Before this day ends I shall have to invent a scheme to keep adventuring at your side for longer.

For now...
a sigh if we must move from this lovely spot we have here then I say pools first, then on through the arches.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

If we must move, is it? she teased, and glanced beyond him at the smooth surface of the tidal pools. She was admittedly curious, not only of what lay within the treasury of the pools, but of what may await them around that corner. They would head inland at some point, when the terrain invited them; how might it do so? What might they find?

And yet it seemed a whole new journey had just landed in her lap.

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Besides, she knew quite well she had failed to hide the sheer surprise on her face. He had been kind, complimentary even, and yes, perhaps flirtatious now that she looked back on it, and yet she had never thought...

I think, before we go anywhere, it's perhaps time for another tale, she said, and it was an unusual start, halting and uncertain. Even amidst the sporadic commentary of her thoughts, she'd not sounded as if she were faltering. Now she all but stammered.

I'm lonely, she began, and a small tremor shook her hide with the admission. There are so many things to see, so many others to meet, and I always come home to warmth and love. And yet there aren't any who can truly share in it with me. Stories, treasures, shared evenings - sure, they all love to hear of it. Yet none is ever beside me. How can my words truly give life to the setting of a blue sun over the vast purple oceans of the waterbearer's realm? I go for so long without any to even touch me.

She shook her head, turned her gaze inwards as she stared sightlessly out to the sea. There was a weariness that had only been hinted at before, a weight that dimmed the joy in her heart. Tribe looked... Tired.

I've seen so many wonderful things, she all but whispered, and so many terrible things. And I've seen them alone, clawed my way out of death alone, returned alone, and every long night I have sat alone in the dark, meaning little more to the things around me than would the passing of a cloud.

It would break her, eventually. It was in her face, the lines of her body; the day would come where she stopped trying to come home. It hadn't yet, hadn't quite truly begun to weigh so heavily upon her, and yet... Well. It wasn't quite so bad, yet.

I have no mate, she murmured, and refused to acknowledge that her eyes were watering dangerously, no circle, nothing that would tie me. So tell me that you'd run to see me, tell me that you'll find reason to match your wanderings with mine, that you're taken with the wild tribal mare, sure; but say it only if you might fill the empty shadow at my side, if you might ease the empty ache in my heart and soul. For the skies that rain flower petals are only magnificent when seen with someone else.

A tear fell, and although so many thought that such things were a part of her theatrics during a story, few ever considered that it was a true remnant of that first emotion to have moved her as it all happened. They couldn't; they hadn't been there to experience the full weight for themselves.

Careful what is said to the lonely wanderer, lest her hopes be dashed to jagged stones that would slice her heart.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Gypsy cracked a full blown grin at the mare, happy to be voicing feelings that had been teasing him on a tugging and retreating breeze all morning. Yes, if we must. He thought it not a crazy suggestion; he was happy to be open about his inclination to find excuses to extend their meeting. Perhaps he rushed, because he had known her identity from the start, had had that reputation he held oh so dangerous... Had that trap he'd been trying so hard to avoid been sprung on her instead? The slightest shake of a rosy head. Nay, there was connection here, he could feel it!

She could bring his troubled musings to an abrupt halt. He wanted to hear whatever she had to say. Another tale! I am prepared! His grin was still there, now with a hinting gentleness to it that hopefully would let her know he were joking. As the sunset one listened, his smile slowly faded. A confession, then, not so much a tale. So far there had been many times his words had come forth to weave in among hers, interruptions, additions to the conversation... Now, he waited until she finished. He wanted to hear the full of it, and avoid any misunderstanding.

Her form seemed almost ghostlike now, its dusky hues darkened by the sadness that veiled her. It had perhaps escaped as a hint here or there, a tilt to a smile that might've been full but for some unknown reason. And as her sorrows poured out of her, he listened as he never had before. For what she brought forth was of utter, dire importance. Of that he was sure. That cold part of his mind that considered all options, that watched from the sidelines... it commented that perhaps she would snap out of this one too, say it was all part of some tale. His heart knew better.

It broke his heart that she would not look his way. Too afraid perhaps?
Your tale holds a ring of truth I could not deny if I tried, for I know of the loneliness you mention all too well. Adventures have come to mean so much less to me. I wander, only to not find. I quest, only to find I never truly had a goal. I strive, only to find no peace in my work. I have come to learn that the beauty, the effort, the reward, the relief... are only there if it can be shared.

The sands beneath his hooves sang a tiny quartz song as they shifted with his steps nearer to her, the breezes carried a new scent of distant rain on them, and the sea tossed its little waves impatiently. None of this did he bother to notice, all attention bent on Tribe's form. Lilac eyes so trained, so flooded that finally they broke.

Our meeting has been brief. Is it... cliche to say that I feel as though I've known you longer? Not just the stories. There is a newness to each new laugh I hear, each demand that the sea behave, each 'tale'... And yet, somehow it is familiar as though I were meant to hear it. Wincing at the mess he was making of things, he stepped forward to land in that shadow at her side.

He spoke each note slowly, thinking them through, seeding them with meaning. These he wanted her to know... he meant. I would run to see you. I shall invent reason after reason to follow your path, or better, fill the shadow at your side. Perhaps once he would have been filled with doubts about saying such a thing. To a mare. One he'd introduced himself to just today. Now there were no doubts. There was an urgent need to say what was on his mind. Would you have me at your side, my lady? I believe it is the destination I have been searching so long for. I did not consider that that destination might be traveling the worlds as I sought it. Red velvet nose stretched out once more, this time to brush her cheek ever so gently. To make sure she really was there in front of him, not just some figment of his imagination that might disappear as a wisp of smoke as he realized it.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

She answered the only way she could; moving closer, trying to bury herself in his neck, trying to hide the way her skin shook with the weight and relief of it all. Flirting would be fine for any other; for someone who ached as deeply as she had, however, it had just seemed best to warn away frivolity in that area. True interest she could wait for, chase after, crawl for if she had to. But she wouldn't have to; this one she'd thought would be so grandiose, the one she'd believed would have never understood such a concept, he liked her. For who she was, how she was, and all the little pains that came attached; he even knew the same sort of hurt.

Only one day, perhaps, but she would give anything for more of the same. Was it long enough to truly know how their grand travels would be together? Of course not. She wanted nothing more than to find out, though.

Yes, she whispered, and then softer still, Please. There was so much meaning in those two small words. So much emotion. So much need.

She touched his neck, his shoulder, the curve of his back, trying to keep herself back that last little bit and struggling with it. Shifting, she felt her side brush over his and extended the movement, turning it into a caress, lingering in the companionship of having someone there, someone who wanted her.

She was trying, truly, and knew he had every right to spurn her as being far too familiar with him. In her desperation, her usual genteel manner had simply vanished.

Would you have me at your side, my lady?

She would never have him leave her side.