unbonded rping

Ask away~!

Moderator: Tigress

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

unbonded rping

Post by Vineda »

I was under the impression that it's okay to rp with unbondeds...?? i just wanted to double check before i just jumped in, and I also wanted to ask if it was okay if I posted in the fields.

Thanks!!!

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: unbonded rping

Post by Foxxfyre »

Yes, RPing your character with an Unbonded is certainly allowed, even if you don't have a Serian of your own ^^

Although it's not forbidden to RP without a Serian in the Fields, I strongly encourage using the Foothills instead unless there's a very specific reason for choosing the Fields. The Foothills were made specifically so that people without Serians would still be able to RP with others, so almost all of the non-Serian RPing should be done there :)

Welcome to the site, by the way!
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Thank you Foxxfyre! Honored and delighted to make your acquaintance!! I am a long time fan. Your serians are truly AMAZING! *barely resists the urge to drop in a curtsy*
I was just curious about posting in the Fields because there are a lot more serian-active posts there. But I wanted to make sure I asked, because I know the Fields are mainly for those with serians. Glad i did ask :) I have no problem sticking to the Foothills. :D
Thanks for your help!

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

Thanks so much for the compliment, you have no idea how much I appreciate it :) And thanks for asking ^^ Never hesitate to ask if you're unsure about something, and I'll do my best to clarify ^^
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I'm going to add to this after far too long, but I don't like making pointless new threads. >_>

SO, when it comes to unbonded RP, what with the unbondeds being up for adoption now - is it still allowed or is it nixed? For that matter, since you'd said "without a Serian in the Fields" way back when, does that mean that unbonded RPs CAN be done in the Fields?

Reason for asking is I have actively admired MoonFyreLilly for as long as I can remember, and while I haven't been jumping into the regular adoptions I do still have an interest - I'm very curious to see where she goes and her potential activity following rebonding. I also have an inkling of a vision regarding what may happen when she is rebonded - if she's active, and if the chance comes to meet her, I'm pretty sure that my Hybrid would go gaga for the unique style she has (she's "his type") and that would be fun to see play out, at least as a first meeting goes. Rather or not she sticks around and anything happens would be up to her new bonded and herself (mostly herself, of course).

So, I guess the point is, can they have a quick meet up or is unbonded interaction a no-no, and if they DO have a meetup, where would be the most appropriate place for it to happen, exactly (just to clear things up for me)?

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

I'll leave the final call to Foxx on this, but as to my two cents- I really don't see it being necessary and I think it puts pressure on the future bonded of that Serian.

Once someone else has already established their version of an unbonded's personality/interests/future, it kind of sticks in peoples minds. It's hard to give a clean slate to a Serian someone ELSE posted as two days prior, in a thread where that Serian has a developing personality (this is why I always encourage people to disregard any personality I give to abandoned Serians in bonding roleplays and try to keep their personalities all very flat and based on their feelings about bonding/ abandonment trauma).

Basically I think it leads to a lot of "laying claim" feelings and feelings of obligation, as well as identity crisis lol. This option was given more for new users to not feel so excluded, but since we have enough Serians to go around, new users can get a first Serian quite easily and thus I feel that unless we run out of Serians/ get a massive influx of new users, it's really unnecessary.

I think it's best to give more of our attention to the ones we've actually bonded :3.