Life

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Life

Post by Songhue »

Loooong time since an update....

Lots of changes. Mostly monetary - getting a car with a little work from us and what we get back in taxes. Application for a mortgage is approved, just waiting to see what the budget will be for the year (USDA - guess it's good we got in early). Been saving for 6+ months and I'm about to start a week's vacation to travel out to get my dream tattoo started by someone who can match the styling I want (I'm being highly picky about this), take the road trip at the end of May. Got married in October.... A week ago we had a friend over, first time having alcohol in - gods, years. I don't even know how long. Definitely had enough to be feeling it, but nowhere near my previous levels - no purging or black-out drunk - and I didn't even have a hangover the next day. I still hold it better than she did, which is hilarious as I should have -no- tolerance given how long it's been. 8D

I work nights, trying for a management position - didn't make it with the last two postings that went up, but I'm not discouraged yet. Aaaaand.... Hmph. That's mostly it. I discovered a thing called Thrive that's a nutritional supplement thing (easiest way to put it) and between that and the most wonderful hubby I could dream up, I'm doing really, really ok. Most days. When I don't forget how to function. For the most part the depression has been not only manageable, but essentially forgotten - until I realize I've been forgetting to brush my teeth, or forgetting to take the meds that regulate my hormones (I have PCOS, so if I don't maintain them my body goes all out of wack and eeeeeeeeverything messes up - forgot them last night, as it turns out, but got my morning dose in me), or a dozen other basic measures of functioning. I think that's mostly just memory issues, but the issue itself upsets me and it can start to spiral for a bit; but hubby never lets it get bad or go on for too long. ^_^

Hubby himself has mental issues - C-PTSD, complex PTSD that can trigger shaking fits with some of his flashbacks called psychogenic seizures. We're in the midst of pushing for SSI (social security income) for him. Need to remember to call his lawyers, for that matter, but we've both been forgetful of *that* lately - stresses him out so he doesn't want to think of it, and my memory is just kaput anyway (even alarms don't help, as I go "Oh, yeah," and then forget for the next 9 hours unless I do it right that bloody second).

Aaaaaand... Yup, that's about it. Just life being not-terrible. We're playing the realty game - getting a house to fix up for a profit so we have a very nice deposit within a few years as opposed to taking 10 years the long way of saving. Tricky bit is finding a good project house. We *had* found one that was perfect, but it's already off the market, blast it.

Luck of the draw, right?

Keira
Elder
Elder

Post by Keira »

Other than the stuff at the wedding the last time you drank would have been Halloween 2014 when we attempted to have that party :D But you do remind me, I did find out I was officially diagnosed with PTSD but I need to ask if it was complex or regular. hmmmmm......

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Gahhhhh we started buying a house and have had a few evenings taken up with talking to -shudder- business people. Should be able to catch back up tonight, sorry for holding any threads up O.o

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

We're set up to start moving on Sunday, thereabouts, and the replacement cable for my laptop with a battery that doesn't work is due to arrive at about that same time, and meshing me and hubby into a family with our girlfriend and stepson is going to be interesting once that's done, and we have baby kittens that have only just hit 6 weeks or so (and have held me cuddle hostage for the last hour) so life is getting interesting over here to say the least.

Which means as soon as the kittens release me I'm stealing Hubby's laptop, and then I'll be stealing it for a couple hours every night after that so that I can start catching back up, because I am NOT going to wait another week to start catching up at the exact same time as moving, and by That point I should be able to use my own laptop again so if absolutely nothing else I can get a post in over lunch at work (that's a hard line, can't bring Hubby's with me). I'm thinking I'll at least get one or three posts done in a night, before work, so don't worry about me trying to keep up. ^_^ I should be all caught up by Friday night, I would assume, if I'm taking my time on each post.

The plan is to go in the order they were replied to, so Caustic's post will come first, ect, ect. ^_^ Going to wait another day or two to get the ball rolling with round one for "Impress That Serian!" Just to make sure that everyone who wants to has jumped in.

Edit: Never mind about Friday night. Sleep is for the weak? :lol:

Kyra
Elder
Elder

Post by Kyra »

Glad to here that the your cable is coming soon and its on the up and up for you.

OMG! best type of being captured! Be held by fuzzy purring fluff balls! Curious are you hand raising them?

My cousin has raised 5 so far, one is two and her boyfriend adopted him. One turned one of Easter this year and they kept him. Now she is raising 3 more. Its lots of work, I have helped her when we visit, but so rewarding!
I need a new image holder...lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I'm making assumptions here, but yeah, we're feeding/bathing/ect them as we have no other cats in the apartment to take them in, and they're staying with us in there until we move - after that they'll get two other feline friends!