Singles and Plotting 2.0!

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Singles and Plotting 2.0!

Post by Songhue »

So the short version is "absolutely!"

If she doesn't particularly want to go the baby angle with anyone and everyone in the circle, she's still got plenty of co-bonding options. Shiro could have a pair, wherein she's a little more exclusive in her mating bond but still has that second female companion - or she could be part of Hybrid's set up (having a "type" isn't nearly the same a requirement - tecynically my type is 5' 3" of ginger female with a nice pear shape, but here I am married to an Irish Viking man. Life is funny that way.) and thus still have a wife along with him. If you look at a circle as an enclosed community and committed baby-making mate bonds as marriage, she can totally begin as floating around and eventually end up comarrying with another mare and one of the stallions.

Or, you know, Breeze and Nova might just decide they're keeping her. 8D

Edit: I forgot to say, but I vaguely remember Velvet from *years* ago, and I believe she was a few years in the wings even at that point. I know it won't really help much, but I'd like to offer for AuraSidra's place to be snagged by the lovely lady. I'm fine with having that little filly bumped to the bottom of the list, when the time comes that she would have been up for work. ^-^ The longer Plasma has to wait, the more I can torment him, anyway. :evil:

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

I do remember that commitment was an odd point between Web and Chaos back in the day--mostly on Web's part ^^;; She's older now, much more settled into who she is and how she feels; she is sort of the 'will' of her bonded, as Avalir and Brittle are to Sive and Sanguine, so the one who holds the leadership role in the faction. She's well beyond the days of 'free love', and probably was not so inclined for it. Brittle, however, remains her only in-plot interest; they have a lot of history between them, and while it's probably a different connection than she feels for Chaos, it's something that weighs as equally precious to her.

Avalir isn't quite in the same vein, but I did finally figure out (after all these years xD) why I've been playing him as I have. He's probably demiromantic at best; the nature of his gift makes it so that being intimate with anyone is a risk, and possibly somewhat invasive given the feedback loop that his empathy would create. I think Luna already knows that he and Eve have a thing; Eve is able to stand the distance because Mirage steadies her. He and Brittle are complicated and undefined, esp. after the return arc. Regardless, those are the only two that I'd consider as 'interests'.

Sethe's faction is actually standing a bit apart from all the drama, so Lucid and NightTears don't have much plot entanglement :) Lucid is still being his creepy, absurd self, wandering around Sethe's lands and testing the boundaries of his 'bond'--I don't know that he's actually looking, or will have the capacity to 'love', but he'll mate if there's willingness, for relief of tension or something new to do. He operates on dream logic, so he's not much for the tangible/long-lasting.

NightTears has bonded for Hellion's sake, pretty much, and by extension the rest of her siblings. He remembers his birth circle and his old Bond, and has decided to intervene to create some semblance of a family to ground him. His gift is Sight, so clairvoyance, projection, walking the realms of the dead, etc. Being so much on the other side makes it so he needs reasons to come back, so I'd say that's perhaps what he might consider for a mate. If Locket is more twisted, and not looking for a lifepartner, I'd say Lucid would be a good fit; if she wants to touch base with an actual emotional connection, we could try with NightTears and see where it goes. :lol:

As for the rest:

Hinote: Your standard angsty shonen anime protagonist has grown up and has a family he loves very much and is terrified he might mess up and lose them. Mirage is deeply understanding and open, so she would be fine with any outside interests; he, on the other hand, is possessive--when it came to her, at least--but we're working on that. He had something with SaphireSpin, which I'd be down to revisit if Rainer comes back, so I'd say that she's something like one end of his type, while Mirage is the other.

Signal: He's still working through his trauma, but probably in a more stable way. He doesn't travel, like the rest of Sanguine's bonded--Sive has made a place for him on her lands, and he serves as his bondeds' keystone, in a sense. However far they wander, they'll have a line 'home'. He's a recluse, like Cedar, but he may wander out when he feels more secure in his current circumstances. Deeply, deeply mistrustful of humans and human-like beings.

Trite: He was raised as a prince in a foreign court, stylized heavily after old wuxia movies. Sive essentially stole him for his own good, so he's very much adjusting to a new everything. He hasn't quite shaken his imperious attitude, but he has lovely courtly manners, of a sort, when it suits him. He and Mistralvane are being felt out for the start of another alliance circle, due to their regal natures, but I'm down for complicating that.

Dust: When Brittle made the bargain he did to bring back Avalir, part of it was that his 'death' would come closer. Dust is, possibly, the manifestation of that condition. Like Reticent, he's working out a way between what he was and what he is--but he's more of his duty at the moment than his self, if that makes any sense ^^;; He mostly appears in and around where Sanguine and the others have their battles, and sticks close to them, but I do kinda want to play that whole 'reaper learns to live/love' angle, because I'm a sucker for the trope. :???:

God, this was long, guys, sorry for the text block >.<

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Silverdust: I think I might hold off on Chaos and Web, if anything I feel like it'd suit his character more for him to go through this loss and become more committed and serious when it comes to his own morals and ideals. It seems like Luna might be in the same boat, since it doesn't seem like there's potential for compatibility with Avalir's other qualities outside of Eve/those in your own group ^^.

Although Locket and Lucid sound like they'd be all kinds of fun, I do think I ultimately want something that will contribute to a softer side of her emerging. She's very much enamored with death and captivated by the concept of mortality and time, her favorite haunts are usually graveyards in fact (pun totally intended lol). She's bitter and condescending to those she finds naive, but if she feels her views are shared or at the least understood then she's a lot more open and respectful. It seems like NightTears and even Dust might be the most viable potential here? Dreamseer has potential with NightTears as well, I feel, as she's also a Seer (who suffers from amnesia. Fun times XD).

Signal may fit with a few of my singles, do any pique your interest? I usually start off on who looks nice together aesthetically and see if personalities match following that so don't be afraid to do the same with mine XD.

If Trite and Mistralvane are working towards something I won't intervene there, either ^^.

Songhue: So let's just play this one by ear, then? When you have the time/muse for another thread we could get her acquainted with everyone at least loosely and see who feels pulled to her and vice versa? I like the idea of letting it unfold naturally as it will ^^ since I feel like she'd be perfectly happy with any of those outcomes, really.

Don't worry about Velvet! Foxx draws them as she gets the inspiration, so I never wanted to force anything and to be honest I think she was kind of forgotten about for a few years by us both XD. Her Altar is still undecided, even! I'd feel terrible since I got the last redraw (Satomi/Mistveil), so I already kind of anticipated waiting for her until other IOUs were taken care of ^_^.

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

Tigs, I like your ideas, I'll chat with you offline. <3

Song, obviously I'm still working on the assumption that Thyme and Sylvansprite/Nymph will work things out, as she's quite enamored by him (that much is evident I think!)

I've updated my original post... I think it's easier just to list who's single, mated, etc., rather than having to sort through all the pages. I have a surprising amount of females unfortunately... lol

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Ahhh, that makes sense! ^_^ I can totally see that. Hubby works the same way, bounces between projects. XD. I rather prefer the natural unfolding in general between couples - such as with Thyme and Silvansprite. (I have very high hopes for them, Tal! :) ) Watching it develop is my favorite part, and it generally leads to stronger pairings. :) I definitely need to wait til a thread or three wraps up, you're right about that, too! I don't currently feel like I'm spreading myself too thin, but I also don't want to feel like I've become a plague, lol! Unless you think a Hidden Vale thread could work - I have the time and muse aplenty, and in the Vale it sort of sets it aside so it seems less like a plague of my lovelies has descended upon the poor place.
Last edited by Songhue on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aria
Leader
Leader

Post by Aria »

Tigress: To be honest, I never ended up having a chance to RP with Abyss before, actually. :( Or if I did I have no recollection of it. I imagine him to be a little spit-fire, full of energy and rebelliousness. However, if he did find someone who not only put up with him but loved him, he'd be the most loyal and protective mate there is. I am open to any and all ideas you might have!