Semi-NPC Characters!

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Semi-NPC Characters!

Post by Tigress »

Hey guys, this post will be a bit more fun than my last notice XD. Foxx and I are trying to cook up ideas for some semi-NPC characters and need your help! So you have a bit of an idea what I'm talking about, here's the first semi-NPC character: Lotus!

Lotus deals in the shady world of magic potions and trinkets. You will likely remember that during festival times, people could spend points on vouchers for alterations to their Serians- from mutations to color changes to accessories. These will now be available to be traded in to Lotus for bigger prizes that you can only get through trading up (though you can still use them as-is as well!). These new potions will have the ability to do things such as allow breedings between same-ex pairs, and other things we've yet to decide (input welcome! What would you guys like to see available on the market?). Ideally we're trying to find things that people want that are NOT directly art-centric (the breeding potions don't automatically give a child, they only make a same-ex partner temporarily fertile and they still must be picked during a draw for a breeding), because so far it feels like everything out there requires Foxx to touch up/add to/entirely redraw an image which she doesn't always have time to do, which leads to hoarding and makes the items less fun when the window to use them is limited ^^.

Second to ideas for that, what kind of other semi-NPC roles do you think we could use a face for? We're open not only to full-time positions like Lotus', but also temporary ones as well (perhaps Festival related, seasonal, etc). Anyone can put forward an idea and a character, Foxx and I aren't the only ones who will hold NPC positions, ideally, since we'd like to include the whole community if possible! If it's not possible immediately, don't worry. Foxx and I are cooking up a lot of ideas and there may be more positions needed in the not too distant future ^_~.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Semi-NPC Characters!

Post by Vineda »

These are some really neat ideas/features, and sound like a lot of fun! Time to brainstorm!

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Cool! Non-art ideas - well, one that immediately comes to mind is an amnesia potion. If someone has gotten to the point of needing a fresh start...

Another idea for a seasonal type position would be someone to help with pairings - Valentine's - or someone to help with winter gifts - winter holidays - or someone to help with autumn harvest festivals - Halloween - and those could all be primarily non-art and written out. My favorite is obviously the idea of a huge autumn/Halloween bash led by someone's semi-NPC (which I feel could be someone *like* Scythe, who fits the expectations of the role), but I know that there are seasonal elementals who have their powers grow nearer their holiday (Isis, for example - Serian whiskey on a new year's bash, anyone? Actually, the new year blow out would probably be the best time for that amnesia potion - fresh start, and all that) Who would clearly be a defacto candidate for those particular times.

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

That's brilliant Songhue ^^ I was also thinking of potions that increase odds of getting a specified trait from a parent, multiple foals, or even some RP potions (don't know if people would care, since they can kind of just RP their own potions, hehe).

I've been thinking that a Storyteller/Minstrel might be good to have for running the Festival contests that involve that sort of thing. I think there was even a poetry contest at some point XD But I'm not sure if that would be interesting to anyone ^^;;
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Really like the matchmaker idea! ^^

I also kind of like a Game holder idea, someone who maybe hosts a monthly (or every few monthly or even just festivaly) drawing or wheel of fortune or similar game for said prizes or tokens.

Or... spinning off of that, perhaps someone who hosts some silly word games on the forum? I sometimes (and i think i notice others also) hanging out on the site but not necessarily posting anything in particular.

Just an idea or two.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I really like the silly game host idea...