Singles and Plotting 2.0!

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Re: Singles and Plotting 2.0!

Post by Silverdust »

Tigs: No worries, though I'm a little sad to see Chaos and Web go, since he was such a big part of her character formation--but I understand completely ^^ The whole Web, Brittle, Avalir triangle is a doozy, just because of who they represent and how long/deeply they've known one another xD As for Luna, I know she had a lot of hope for the relationship, but I think the main thing from Avalir's angle is less the romance itself, but more that he'd meant to raise her rather than court her. It would take time for him to switch between those modes, but I don't think it would be impossible, and after their conversation in Eternal, I'm sure Eve would try to support Luna as best she could if she were to become a part of their Circle. Still, Luna's gone through a lot, so I don't expect her to keep trying if she needs someone who will be more of a traditional soulmate. <3 If you want to do any RPing for closure or the like, I'm down :)

Locket would look good with either Dust or NightTears, definitely! Dust would probably take more time/patience, as he's essentially a formed concept. NightTears is more on the quiet side, which may clash with Locket at first if she reads him as naive. Whichever way sparks more interest for you, I'd be willing to experiment.

For Signal, I do like the look of Teardrop, Sacred Dawn, maybe even Comet. From her page story, it seems Teardrop might be dealing with past issues in the way Signal is; also, his time in the tower by the sea has made him wary around water, so that might be an interesting tension to play. Sacred Dawn's protective instinct and tendency to stand for those who've been wronged also caught my interest, and might be what he needs in his healing. Comet, though, is mainly a pull on aesthetic--but the contrast in their personalities could go somewhere.

Trite and Mistralvane aren't necessarily working towards anything more than a political arrangement, and as they both have "royal" roots, they understand this and are willing in as far as they both don't consider "feelings" to be a part of their duties--so if you're still interested in Trite, he's got no emotional claim on him at the moment ^^

Songhue: I know this wasn't on the table, but I wondered if OakHeart and Astarte might be something you'd be willing to explore? They're both curious, knowledge-seeking individuals, and I thought it'd be interesting to see them interact more, esp. given Astarte's tentative friendship with AuraSidra. Just a thought :)

Talia: Not so much romance, but would you be interested in having Web and Gem reconnect at some point? Thinking about Web's origins, I remember Gem was pretty much the one who brought her out of her shell, but they never had much interaction past that. I just think it might be something that Web would still think about, and I'd love to RP with you again ^^

I am also curious about your singles--Oblivion, Stalk, Threestrikes, Siren, Lark, to name a few. I've always loved Galaxy, but I know he's probably got some special things going on with him. :heart:

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I'd love that! I was only holding off with him because, well, adult status, lol. Honestly though - he's been fully grown for a while now, if still a little bit late-teenage gangly, and any excuse AuraSidra could find to hang out with Astarte more makes her happy. :)

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

Songhue: I have high hopes for them as well :D I'm really enjoying how things are progressing between them!

Silverdust: I'd totally be up for that! I think Gem could use the company to be honest. She's finally accepting the fact that she and Surf are no longer an item, and haven't been for quite some time, so I'd really like to develop her character a bit more as a singleton.

As far as the other singles, I'd honestly be up for suggestions :) A lot I haven't really roleplayed that much, so they have a lot of room for development or plots. Oblivion is the strong silent type. He comes off as aggressive and closed off because he is such an intimidating presence, but really he's just not much of a talker. He does spend a lot of time with Flicker, but that connection really isn't romantic (although it's often mistaken as such). I don't have anything solid planned for him, plot wise, so I'm really flexible when it comes to him. Stalk is restless and likes to pick at things. She's not really content with just maintaining the status quo, and she's not really a home body. She needs to wander, and she's most definitely drawn to "darker" individuals myself, although I wouldn't necessarily say that she's dark herself. Threestrikes is a lot like his brother in temperament, although perhaps a bit more bloodthirsty. Siren has the same personality that her name suggests. She has a tendency to pull some heartstrings, sometimes with intention, other times without. She seems confident, but a lot of it is a facade to hide her own insecurities. Lark is... interesting. I've been having fun working on her backstory with Spire but it's still in development. Orchid's taken her memories (selectively so). Spire remembers all that she's done and everything she was, but she would rather forget. Spire believes his past has shaped him to who he is, but Lark wants to move forward from what she was. There is a bit of romantic sub-plot between the two of them, but that's meant to be in the past, and they won't be continuing it in the future, although that's not to say that he won't have something to say about it. She's a little unsure of herself right now, just because there's so much she doesn't remember about herself, but she's always riding the edge of dangerous, like she just can't help herself.

I'd be up for talking about plots with Galaxy. I just came to the realization that I needed him to be bigger than he was, and I'm working on some subplot to try to get him, the elementals, warriors, and Lark and Spire in on something a bit more substantial. :)

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

I know Eternal would at least like to meet up rogue to rogue, again. He still had a need to wander through grand adventures last time (and I know he's busy helping you run everywhere - I had no idea he had a fondness for water plants! O.o), so if nothing develops it'd still give a chance to explore that "something bigger" with him and give a chance for the two rogues to be with someone like themselves again (although I know he *could* find that with Shimmer, if he really wanted to)

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

I'd be up for that :) I know Galaxy isn't really looking to find a mate at the moment, but even just a rogue to rogue RP would be nice. I'm going to be MIA for a bit though unfortunately. I have to go out of town, I'm leaving today actually. But we can start up something when I get back :)

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Silverdust: It helped Chaos a lot as well, but I realized he's always been a bit jealous of his brother from another mother, SilverRain, and his fairytale love with Tinsel. When he introduced them he only sort-of thought things might work out, it was more of a gesture than anything. When they fell easily and deeply in love, it really made him question things with Web and the more she remained distant, the more it made him bitter at SilverRain and what he had with Tinsel. After a while he realized he didn't like what his jealousy made him into, and he realized it was because he was unhappy with his connection with Web and how... unfocused it was, on her end. I think he's honestly just too proud to settle for less than, since he's seen what's out there and knows what he wants. This is why he was very attracted to Frostbite for a while, because she's very much the "hopelessly devoted" kind and he was envious of how she waited for Vision even when he was on the edge of settling down with someone else.

Luna... hm... that's hard. I'd like to do a closure thread with them for sure, just to see if it changes or influences anything. She wouldn't be willing to share either, so things with Eve would have to be platonic or it wouldn't be a happy situation for her. Seeing as she's an Elemental she's quite powerful, so theoretically she should have an edge when it comes to magic-related issues, but if they're related strictly to your realm and personal canon then it's probably better Avalir ends up with one of your own ^^.

I'd like to explore Signal and Teardrop! Sacred Dawn isn't really actively looking because she and her brother have such a complicated connection and I'd like to play them out a bit to get a feel for her more. Comet is straight, even though he's very pretty, so he wouldn't be interested unfortunately ^^. If you'd like to do a thread for Signal and Teardrop to see how it goes, just let me know :). Also whenever you have time to test out Locket and NightTears or Dust I'm game for either!

If Trite isn't on the verge of any pairing up, what would you think of him and Silk? She's a warrioress/sentinel, so I thought it might be an interesting match since he's a "royal", if we could sort out a way that she's tasked to protect him and see if something develops? She has a blurb up now, I finally got my pages updated to fit the rules XD.