Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

For non-Serian roleplaying (Persona RP and Fanfiction)
The mists around the mountains clear to reveal in their center a ring of stones, an easy landmark for travelers to gather.

Moderator: Tigress

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Re: Marrok, The Wanderer (Open)

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Turning her gaze back to the pool she whispered, "Sero is alive..." Images swirled round as Athena tried to peer into the future, "I felt him, heard him in my dream...." Athena's heart filled with fear as the pool went dark, something was blocking her view. Straining Athena gave up, the pool returning to normal. Her heart was filled with worry and confusion, why after all these years? She had loved him once, but on the day of his death that loved died, the only thing that could break a forming bond.

Swishing her tail back as she rose nuzzling Marrok, "I guess the sight was wrong I saw nothing to prove his existence." But a nagging pull tugged her heart, he was alive she could feel it, but why was she feeling this now? When he died she became hard and colder, intensifying her training, till she was unstoppable. She swore she would be stronger then both of them combined.

The fighting came at a price, when she reached maturity and her parents began to urge her to mate, she often snapped at those brave enough to court her, challenging them constantly, none were able to keep up with her fierce spirit. She laughed and felt joy only a little after his death.

Turning her golden gaze to Marrok, she wondered why she let this silver wolf in...why was he different from others of her pack...and there had been many others.
Each day is a gift and not a given right.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok is worried for his love. She has not been this agitated since the attack on the camp. *Is Sero the friend that died? Maybe the SIGHT is trying to tell you something about him. As much as I want just you this night, we should seek out Yark for his advice. Maybe he can help.* Marrok crawls out of the private den. He nuzzles Athens on her side and licks the soft white fur under her neck.

*What can I do to help my love?* Marrok soon developed a knot in his stomach. There was something Athena is not telling him about this Sero. Something she is afraid to tell him. Marrok can sense her reluctance to talk to him. He will not push her. Something he has definitely learned about his mate, she will tell him when she is ready and not before. For now he looks at her with supporting eyes.

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Even far away she could sense him clearly, "Yes, Sero...he was the one that fell from the cliff." Turning her gaze to Marrok she whispered softly, "Yes..I'll call Yark." Lifting her head she let out a soft howl that rose above the trees, out in the distance a responding screech is heard, a flash of gold flies by as Yark lands on a nearby tree his eyes watching them curiously, "Yes?"

Looking up at the tree Athena rose the pendent around her neck shinning in the moon light, her white fur cast a pure glow against the ground, "I' feel the presence of a long since dead friend, though the sight will not let me see." Yark stared at her for a moment then said, "Are you sure your friend is dead?" Athena growled softly then said in a sure voice, "Yes, I watched him die when I was young..." Yark blinked then said, "Are you certain of this presence?" Nodding Athena lowered her head, there was no doubt in her mind.

Suddenly a howl rose up from the earth, causing Athena to shutter and flinch, Sero!? She knew that howl, darting into the woods, she stopped short, above her standing in the darkness a lone wolf stood on a hill. His fur darker then night, his head lifted in song. In her mind she heard his voice, "Athena...." Athena's jaws parted in utter shock as she stepped forward, tears filled her eyes as she listened to his song, "Sero!?" Lowering his head the song ended and he looked at her.

Taking a step forward her eyes filled with questions and shock, before she can say anything more, the dark wolf vanishes, disappearing over the hill.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok looks around when he hears the howl of another wolf. Sniffing the air the scent of a male is nearby. Athena darts into the woods and Marrok follows her. He sees her stop abruptly and slows to not startle her. On a hill in the distance a dark wolf figure stands howling his call. Marrok could feel his mates emotions. In an instant the wolf vanishes behind the hill.

Approaching Athena, *Was that him my love? Was that your missing friend? Why does he not come to greet you?* Marrok notices that Athena is in tears. *Are you OK? Did he do something to upset you?* Marrok has yet to know of the past that she and this Sero share. How will this news affect their bond to each other?

Foxyfireswings
Leader
Leader

Post by Foxyfireswings »

Athena lowers her muzzle her eyes are bewildered and confused, taking a deep breath she slowly closes her eyes, and thinks of the last place she saw Sero, on the cliff. Her blue light creeps, wrapping Marrok in its warmth as Athena transports them to the cliff of her childhood. The tall grass sways in the breeze as Athena walks over to the edge and peers over the side. Turning back to Marrok she said, "I saw him die here, I watched his body hit the rocks below, I went with his parents when they buried him....how can he be alive?" Her voice hits a note of hysteria, as she finishes, fighting the tears that threaten to overflow.

Lowering her head, she whispered, "That was him...I'm certain, though I don't know why..." Lifting her gaze she watches his blue eyes, searching for the right words to use, stepping forward she said softly, "He was not just my den mate, but we were also meant to be bonded mates....., before he died." Unable to look into his eyes any longer Athena turned her gaze away, her voice was weak and sad, "Our parents arranged it long before we were born, they raised us together." Tilting her ears back as she remembered all the times she had been with him, "We fought and trained together; I made my first kill with him.....we played; argued and challenged one another each day." Looking over at the cliff she whispered, "Until one day, while we were playing, Sero made the challenge to see who could get the closest to the cliff without falling off...a childish game that proved to be fatal." Athena turned and looked back at Marrok still not looking into his eyes, for she feared what she might find in the blue depths.

waterlily
Leader
Leader

Post by waterlily »

Marrok just attentively listens as Athena takes them to the cliff and explains who Sero was. She indeed loved this wolf at one time and is now sad and confused at what they saw this evening. Marrok takes a second to respond. He does not want to come across as jealous and at the same time needs to reassure her of their bond and that he will support her no matter what. *I understand my love that you once had feelings for this wolf and that now you may be confused with emotions and sensations of the past. This is quite normal. Just know that I am here to support you and that together we will flush out this mystery wolf who plagues your heart. This may be a trick, the enemy is using to put you offguard or this Sero may truly be alive. I do not know why this is happening now, but we will find out.* Marrok walks closer to Athena, nuzzling her face and whispering, *You do not ever need to hide your beautiful gaze from me my love, for there is nothing you could ever do that would make me not want to see it.* He stares directly in her eyes. He can see the warm tenderness behind them. This is what first caught his eye, when they met. This proud, strong, tough Alpha Drappa with such a sweetness and kindness in her eyes. It is a beautiful sight to see.

*Can the SIGHT help us find this Sero? Maybe Yark has more information for us.*