unbonded rping

Ask away~!

Moderator: Tigress

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: unbonded rping

Post by Songhue »

That's kind of what I was thinking too, honestly (though I hadn't thought of the icky feelings part), it's why I wasn't sure if unbonded threads would still be an option. It's fun when it's quiet, but when it comes to inspiration for an unbonded that could easily be adopted a week later, it makes it rather sticky. :out: It's also why I mentioned what I had in mind - the image that struck me out of the blue would be fun to play with, leaving any true developments to the new bonded and the adopted, but it could also be hard to drop it instead of having it stick around as 'unofficial history.'

As far as those concerns of obligation or pressure go, I hadn't thought of those because there wouldn't be any such obligation intended. It was the first bit of "on my own" inspiration I've had in more months than I like to admit, so it seemed worth a shot - but honestly, while I do admire her I don't feel any desire to claim and bond her. It's almost like she's already bonded to someone else, same as your Zephyr or when Nyx first got AmbientWonder - I think they're massively stunning, and I eagerly kept up with all Amy's threads to see how she developed, but as an admirer. That's as far as it goes. Hybrid was responsible for the image slap, since she's his type - if it'd happened with someone already bonded I would have poked them about playing with it.

Now I just need one of them to smack me with an image I can actually use! XD

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

Of course I don't think anyone would intend for it to come off this way! I know you guys are all awesome :). But I think many people are quiet and too shy to say if they had that kind of discomfort, so I was just voicing the possibility ;).

Totally derailed my train of thought, but your secret admiration for Zephyr totally gave me a muse to post with her.
Funny how these things work eh? I know your feeling though, if I said which characters I admire and stalk, it might be a novel... >__<;

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Hah! I'm not sure about a novel, myself, but I haven't really thought of everyone before. I know that when WildFire rebonded I was all over that thread for that same reason, and I know that Stray was the same way... Good gracious I better quit before I really get started. XD

*peeks at Zephyr and whistles innocently* ;)

Really though, I've known most of y'all for years, so I'm puttin it out there that if I were to do somethin that came out wrong like that, don't be too shy to lemme know. <3 I mean, without our darlin Tigsy doin that I wouldn't have even realized! That would have been a massive oops. >_<

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

I agree with Tigs, and she said it much more eloquently than I would have!! That being said, if someone really wants to do an Unbonded RP, it doesn't hurt to mention it ^^ If there's a lot of interest in an Unbonded Serian and I'm not aware, then it's a missed opportunity!

Maybe we could start a policy of "if 3 or more people show an interest, then that Serian will be reserved for Unbonded RPing (if they're not already reserved)". That way nobody is laying claim, they're just nominating.

What do you guys think?
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

You're really very smart, you realize this? That's brilliant, I think. :) Three or more nominations for having someone as an unbonded RP and they're on the list. I vote aye!