Website Hosts

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Website Hosts

Post by Foxxfyre »

I started learning HTML and CSS in order to build the first versions of this site, and I LOVED it. Crazy cool to me XD Like seriously, one of the things that blew my mind was that you could open up Notepad, type in:

<html>
<body>
<h1>HEADING</h1>
<p>Hello</p>
</body>
</html>

Save is as "test.html" instead of "test.txt", and you have a webpage that says hello. I don't know why, but I had no idea that it could be -that- simple.

But I know people who feel that way about math, and I -hate- math. So if you know you don't like it, drag and drop is pretty awesome, but if you have time to dabble.... web coding seems waaaaay more intimidating than it actually is, as long as you start learning it in its simplest form and then build on that.
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

Ok, now that I'm finally done with it all, here's the Wix summary.

It does have flash sites, but not all Wix sites are flash - there's plenty already in place that didn't use a flash layout (Krinlith, Sethelu, Talia, Vineda). If it is a flash, they have a supported transition that's as simple as entering the URL of your current Wix flash site to import everything as an HTML site, with an identical editor that allows for entering your own coding to enhance the drag and drop insertion offered for ease of use (if nothing else, it's a good shortcut to start a base with if you don't want to hand code an entire page).

The flash to HTML transference is not just supported, but something they've put pressure on. Currently, the flash editor is fairly inaccessible - you really can't get into your flash sites and have to transition to gain editing access. A quick Google search about Wix editors not working brings up the previous link explaining about the need to change over and how to go about it.

Basically, Wix is a solid site and users have nothing to worry about.
Last edited by Songhue on Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Thank you for the end summary :p much appreciated interpretation

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Post by Songhue »

You're welcome? ^,^"

I'd just thought a basic report of what I found with all my digging might prove helpful and save others the same digging.