Special Stats and Roleplay

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Special Stats and Roleplay

Post by Tigress »

I asked Foxx about this, because I know we all like to test the limits with our imaginations sometimes and I wanted to be sure my Serians without special stats don't end up having abilities that only those with those special stats should have XD. Here is her reply! She's still working out the kinks, so she said things may change slightly here and there but this is a good rough guide for now :).

----------
This is going to sound a bit confusing and raw, but I'll let you know what I've got on the system:

Essentially... non-Special-Stat Serians all have a balance of basic magic and basic physical ability, and they can work to improve those if they want, kind of how some humans are born really tall and don't have to work as hard to go pro in a sport compared to people who are born with smaller builds. There will always be things the smaller person cannot do, but they can work hard to make those differences as minimal as possible.

One of the reasons that I'm not -super- concerned with the abilities people are giving their normal Serians is because I always intended Special Stats to be -really really- powerful and rare. Like, cataclysmically powerful.

Without getting into too many details, Rhyandrithae is made up physical -and- magical matter, and very few creatures (not most Serians) can see the magic matter but most Serians can interact with it, which gives them their magical powers. The magical matter is incredibly flexible and can essentially be "converted" to physical matter if the magic user can properly describe to it exactly what it needs to become. Because that is incredibly hard to do, a magic user's ability is generally pretty limited to their areas of study, hence the incredibly focused and varied range of abilities that Serians have.

Now, for specifics, here are the Serian types:

Unique: Possesses a physical attribute that no other Serian will have outside of offspring
Elemental: Possesses a greater affinity/understanding of magic but lack more than basic stamina and requires more food/water to survive than a normal Serian.
Warrior: Possesses an innate knowledge of how to most effectively use their physical body and easily outperforms a regular Serian but requires far less (almost zero) sustenance and training to stay in peak condition. Cannot interact with magic at all.
Rogue: Both the pluses of the Elemental and Warrior, none of the negatives :) They are also the only Serians that can actually see the magical matter as well.

So really the only Serian that is clearly superior in all ways is the Rogue, which is why there are almost none of them around ^^
----------

So, if you're ever roleplaying a fight or conflict of some kind, keep in mind that a non-special stat Serian will never possess the physical and combat abilities of a Warrior, nor the same magical capabilities as an Elemental, and just... don't trifle with Rogues XDD.

Songhue
Posting Elemental
Posting Elemental

Re: Special Stats and Roleplay

Post by Songhue »

I can't speak for everyone, but I had felt that all of that was pretty clearly defined already. Foxx has always been great at sharing her love for each of their talents. :heart: Clarification is always nice, though. ^,_,^

Tigress
Mod
Mod

Post by Tigress »

I think the clarification was more needed for non-special stat Serians, as a lot of us have our own realm-specific lore that often grants our "normal" Serians special abilities ^_^. I myself didn't know that the abilities of Warriors and Elementals were intended to be "cataclysmically powerful" and if anything I've probably been underplaying my specials XDD. Though they also rarely seem to end up in situations where their powers are needed so there's that XD.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

I was pondering that the other day, wondering if there were any events maybe for guided RP unfolding some challenges? It might be a bit complicated but I was wondering if there were still happenings for which the Serians/their abilities or strengths would be needed

Just a pondering :)

Foxxfyre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Foxxfyre »

There are still events, but the Bonded are currently isolated from them for.... reasons XD Blame Moonwing and Azhiya XD

That isolation may change at some point, but right now the story's not quite ready for that ^^;;;;;;;
Sa souvreya niende misain ye... I am lost in my own mind.

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Azhiya, eh????? Sneak preview sometime? ;)
Thanks for answering my curiosity with more curiosity ^_^ It’ll send me to bed with a smile on my face!