Anyone still poking around?

Any non-Serian (visitor) is welcome here! Mainly for the Serians' Bonded to get together and chat about random topics, but there really are no rules besides being courteous ^_^

Moderator: Tigress

Talia
Elder
Elder

Anyone still poking around?

Post by Talia »

I check in occasionally- just wondering if anyone else is still floating in and out as well? How are all of you?

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Re: Anyone still poking around?

Post by Vineda »

Oh yes, floating around still :) How I miss activity here, though I’m guilty of ghosting and not postying :out: i am headed back to school again after doing some pre requisites, but they connived me into summer classes and are sending lists of things to get done before falltime… they’ve kind of got me chasing my tail >_< how’s things?

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

I agree! I definitely miss the activity, for sure. Although I'm also in the same boat as far as ghosting and not posting. Oooh, back to school sounds like fun! What degree are you aiming for? Or are you just taking a few additional classes then? And things are going alright here. I quit my job in the middle of all of this COVID stuff so that I could be with my son. We needed to switch to online learning due to COVID, and he's just in kindergarten. He needed someone to be with him on a full time basis, both for socialization reasons and to help with school. So it's been nice to spend more time with him, but we're considering sending him back to in person learning in the fall. I'd like to try to find something, job wise, in the fall to keep me busy. I don't need to be employed (which I feel really fortunate for) but I'm not the type to want to sit around idly... so job searching it is!

Vineda
Posting Goddess
Posting Goddess

Post by Vineda »

Part of me is really excited for back to school, it’s for physical therapy which I believe I will like a lot more than nursing. The other part of me is not so excited because the head of the program is a nazi treating us like a brand new set of greenlings needing to be whipped into shape. I no longer have patience for that, so we might not get along so well. We shall see. They pretty much forbid you working, but i’m staying on as an needed basis rather than quitting entirely. Hopefully I’ll be able to eek in enough hours for gas and whatnot.

I’m glad you had the option to stay home with your son, help him with how to start school in the weirdness of last year. Strange times, for sure! My mom had to go to work part time just for that reason, wanting to get out of the house and have some objectives a few times a week outside the usual home and mom duties.

Have you guys had a good summer? Can’t believe we made it past 4th of july already, that always feels like a turning point to the end of summer to me.

Silverdust
Elder
Elder

Post by Silverdust »

Hi all :) I've been lurking on and off--always good to see a little bit of activity! Congrats to both of you on the life moves, seems like it's been a doozy year all around. Best of luck on the job search, Tal, and with the program, Vineda.

Summer has been good so far, just working and nesting and trying to stay safe!

Talia
Elder
Elder

Post by Talia »

Awh Vineda I'm glad that you think you've found something that might suit you a bit better than nursing! I did consider nursing myself quite a few times, but I don't think emotionally I'd be able to handle it to be honest. I hope it goes well for you, despite the nasty nazi program head. :heart: Keep me in the loop!

Staying at home with him has definitely been rewarding in its own way. But I left my career of 11 years for him, so it definitely was a big move. I really wasn't happy there anymore though, so it definitely made the decision a lot easier. My family always comes first, and he really needed someone full time to be with him. We were asking a lot of him, with him being so little. He needed to try to do a lot of school stuff on his own, with very little assistance. My job wasn't flexible at all, so I wasn't able to help him and it just broke my heart knowing that he was alone most of the time. We were all here, but neither my husband or myself could devote a ton of attention to him since we were both working full time. It just... didn't feel right. Bottom line is that we're all happier for it, and that's all that matters!

Summer's been great here so far! We opened up our pool. It's ragingly hot here in Canada this year, so I'm thrilled that we have that at least. Restrictions here have made it difficult to do much, and there are some friends we haven't seen in closer to 2 years... but we're all healthy and happy.

Silv! Good to see you lurking on here too! Thanks for the well-wishes. :) I won't be looking until closer to September, and even then we've talked about giving it a bit of time just to make sure that the fall doesn't bring about more lock down restrictions. So... we'll see. Lol. Glad you're staying safe though!